Chemistry in medicine | Its Role and Importance in Health Care
- Chemistry plays an essential role in the field of medicine.
- Most of the drugs used for treatment, cure, prevention of a disease or disorder are made of some chemical.
- Hence study of chemistry and having a knowledge of chemistry is vital for healthcare professionals like a doctor, nurse and also a pharmacist.
- Chemistry is important in aspects of daily life of medical professionals as it is involved in the principles of sterilization, sanitation, diagnosis, drug and also disease.
- It helps them to give proper medical support to the patients without any errors.
- But below we will see the role of chemistry in the medical field in points.
Importance of chemistry in medicine
- In knowing the actual composition of the drug
- Understanding the chemical nature of the drug.
- Predicting the drug interactions
- For sterilization and sanitation.
- In the diagnosis of a disease.
- To regulate the distribution of medicine.
- Decrease the toxic effect of the drug and enhance tolerability.
- To discover more new drugs or improve the potency
- To study the mechanism of disease.
- To know how the drug acts.